1.03.2012

Nook.

A nook, by definition, is a secluded or sheltered space or small, often recessed part of a larger room. 

Doesn't it sound dreamy, warm, cozy, even?  I am always drawn to a nook.  When I read the definition of the word  I sort of lingered on the word "sheltered".  A nook is a safe place.  Like a cocoon.   You really can't fit a lot of people in a nook either.  Just a few...and it's close quarters, so those people have to be those that you really want to snuggle up with.  Like family and close friends.  I'm going to fashion my life to be like a cozy nook, not too big, definitely not overly crowded.  Just enough room for my special someones.  And when those special someones enter, I want them to feel warm, welcomed, loved and safe.  Cozy.  

Okay, so back to the literal nook...

I, myself, am a lover of small spaces.  And like I said, I love a good nook.  Here are a few of my favorite nooks...









If I could build a house, it would be full of small, cozy spaces and nooks...nooks everywhere!  

PS: if any of my favorite nooks speaks to you in such a way that you simply must know where I found it...you can look here at this very "interesting" site where I keep track of stuff that truly inspires me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment