3.07.2012

A Little Before and After and After

The urge to be crafty really comes and goes. . . 
Recently it came, so I took advantage and got some stuff done! 

Have a look at this... I found a pair of vintage Flex Steel club chairs on Craig's last spring.  They are super cute and retro "as-is". . . 


...
. . .but the fabric is pretty dirty and gross.  Plus, I wanted them for projects. So it was out with the old and in with the new. . . Charcoal Gray. . . 


This was my first ever "chair-with-a-cushion" project.  By the way, cushions are the devil when it comes to upholstering.  Cushions and staples....THE DEVIL.   But in the end the chair turned out pretty good and it sold in a flash on Craig's.   
(Maybe I underpriced?  No worries, I have another one.  Won't make that mistake twice.)

Wondering what I should do with chair #2...I'm taking suggestions...and orders.

*   *   *   *

This one is just an After.  
I didn't get a before shot. sorry.  

My friend, Jess is having a baby girl. (awww.) She had one of those gliding rockers. . . you know the ones that are super practical, but kind of a dud for the eyes?  Well, there is something you (or I) can do about it. 
Have a look....
Just a couple of yards of cute fabric and voila!  Just a touch of pink.  So sweet! 

xx
Shan
Ps..  Can't wait to show you what I'm working on right now. . . 2 words: Orange Velvet.

PPS.  My first Blog Giveaway is on deck!  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! I actually have been looking on Craigs for a rocker, and I was going to see if you could re-upholster it for me! If you see anything interesting let me know. By the way that grey chair is AMAZING! You are really getting good!

    ReplyDelete